Mother’s Day is almost here! I love sending flowers to the special women in my life. They appreciate the flowers and love the thoughtful gesture. If you know a great mother, send her flowers. Flora2000 has put together the top 10 reasons to get flowers.
- It’s Tradition: Sending flowers on Mother’s Day is a tradition almost as old as the holiday itself which was started in 1905.
- Your mom will feel happy and content: Flowers heighten the feeling of life satisfaction and trigger happy emotions according to researchers at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
- Give mom the gift of peace: Behavioral studies at Harvard University have shown that people feel calmer, less anxious and more empathetic toward others if they look at some fresh flowers first thing in the morning.
- Make your mama proud! According to Rutgers University researcher Jeannette Haviland-Jones, Ph.D., those who send flowers are viewed as successful, caring and emotionally intelligent people.
- They smell great.
- The joy of Mother’s Day will last a little longer – for at least a week or more depending upon the type of floral arrangement.
- “A Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.” Things are what they are. However, Roses were sacred to the Greek goddess Isis, who was seen as the ideal mother. Let mom know she’s done well!
- Lilacs symbolize the love between mother and child. What better way to show your mom that you love her than with a bouquet of lilacs?
- Flowers are better than hugs. The iris symbolizes affection and warmth. If your mom is the affectionate type than these flowers are perfect for her. You can also give her a hug.
- Carnations are a symbol of a mother’s eternal love. Show mom your eternal love with an arrangement of carnations.
Images by Flora2000